Each year, our Rabbis teach three, 3-week courses on a variety of Jewish topics. Classes are held on Sunday mornings 9:45 to 11:15 a.m. Watch for 2014-2015 sessions to be announced soon.
Judaism for Beginners
Join Rabbi Feder on Monday mornings, from 10-11 a.m., for a casual introduction to Judaism class. This class is perfect for Jews, those considering conversion, and those in interfaith families. All are welcome to join in at any time! No question is too basic or too tough. Babysitting is available.
Bring a sack lunch and a Bible and join Rabbi Alper every Tuesday, from 12:15-1:15 p.m. for a lively, interactive discussion of the week's Torah portion. All are welcome! Come every week or whenever you have time.
Shabbat Morning Bible Study with Rabbi Shook
Taught by Rabbi Mark L. Shook, Rabbi Emeritus of Temple Israel and Adjunct Professor of Jewish Philosophy at Saint Louis University, this popular weekly exploration of the Bible has been a part of Temple Israel's adult education program for more than 30 years. The class meets from 9:45-10:45 a.m. each Saturday morning in the Dubinsky Board Room.
- No previous experience in studying the Bible is required, however, required text is the Jewish Publication Society (JPS) Tanach or equivalent.
- The success of the course has been built on the stand-alone quality of each class.
- While regular attendance enhances the experience, there are no attendance commitments required.
- Each week's session combines an intimate understanding and respect for the literature, history, and archeology of the Hebrew Bible that is second to none.
- There is no cost or tuition for this course.
- Questions are encouraged. Dogma is discouraged.
Contact Rabbi Shook at (314) 432-8050 or email@example.com for information.
Food for Thought (formerly Rabbi's Roundtable)
Seniors, empty-nesters, and anyone with lunch time to spare is invited to join one or both rabbis on the first Thursday of the month for lunch and discussion. We provide the lunch; you get to provide the "food for thought." We talk about whatever is on your mind from current events, to Israel, to the latest Temple happenings. Open to all; bring your friends! Cost for lunch is $10, payable at the door. Advance lunch reservations requested to Evie Bernstein, 314-434-3937.
Please contact Rabbi Alper for information about these and additional education opportunities.