Inclusion & Accessibility
Do not insult a person who is deaf or put a stumbling block in front of someone who is blind. (Leviticus 19:14)
We want everyone to feel welcome at Temple Israel. In addition to making our facilities physically accessible, we are dedicated to making our programs and worship accessible to adults and children. If you have questions about any of the information below or about the accessibility of our facilities and programs in general, please contact us. We will do all that we can to meet the needs of our congregants and guests.
Parking and Outdoor Pathways
- Clearly indicated reserved parking spaces for disabled persons near the entrance to each building on our campus.
- All sidewalks have curb cuts.
- All pathways are well lit and maintained.
Temple /Main Office Building
The Temple building houses our Sanctuary, Chapel, administrative, clergy, and senior staff offices, Board Room, Adult Lounge, Kitchen Hirsch Auditorium, and Library.
- Main level wheelchair entrance via ramp.
- Ground level entrance via wide doorways.
- Handrails and wheelchair access via ramp to Sanctuary (coming Fall 2014) and Chapel Bimahs.
- Assistive Listening devices available upon request.
- Microphones and podiums are accessible.
- Wheelchair seating in Sanctuary and Chapel.
- Live streaming of all Shabbat and High Holiday services at www.ti-stl.org/Watch