Inclusion & Disability Access
Do not insult a person who is deaf or put a stumbling block in front of someone who is blind. (Leviticus 19:14)
We want everyone to feel welcome at Temple Israel. In addition to making our facilities physically accessible, we are also dedicated to making our programs and services accessible to adults and children with special needs. If you have questions about any of the information below or about the accessibility of our facilities and programs in general, please contact us. We will do all that we can to meet the needs of our congregants and guests.
Parking and Outdoor Pathways
- Clearly indicated reserved parking spaces for disabled persons near the entrance to each building on our campus.
- All sidewalks have curb cuts.
- All pathways are well lit and maintained.
Temple /Main Office Building
The Temple building houses our Sanctuary, Chapel, administrative, clergy, and senior staff offices, Board Room, Adult Lounge, Kitchen Hirsch Auditorium, and Library.
- Main level wheelchair entrance via ramp.
- Ground level entrance via wide doorways.
- Handrails and wheelchair acess via ramp to Chapel Bimah.
- Assistive Listening devices available upon request.
- Fully accessible library with titles available in multiple formats, including DVDs, Music CDs and books on tape.
- Microphones and podiums are accessible.
- Wheelchair seating in Sanctuary and Chapel
- Live audio of all Shabbat and High Holiday services available by phone or online.